In 1952,when Oriental Press was founded, there were
only two presses in Bahrain. Now just over 50 years on,
and in a thriving market, Oriental is the premier printing
house in the Gulf region.
The firm was founded by Issa Al Zeera and has remained
in the family ever since, with the current President and
Managing Director Both sons of Mr. Al Zeera.
» The 50s
• 1952 - Oriental Group was established
• Letter press, one
color and spot color.
» The 60s
• Introduction of Col. Printing & Col. Separation.
• Block Printing.
• Letter Press.
• First print facility to print an Annual Report & Calendar locally.
» The 70s
• Introduced offset printing in GCC.
• Introduced Security Printing
• First print facility to print stamps.
• First print facility to print airline tickets.
» The 80s
• Introduction of packaging for the first time in GCC.
• Expansion to newer factories at Mina Salman and Sitra.
• First time introduction of continuous stationery printing.
• Established the Jebel Ali unit at Dubai.
» The 90s
• Opening of Book Production Unit at Jebel Ali, Dubai
• Establishment of UK Office
• Being recognized as major manufacturer of Books in the UK publishing circles.
• Launching of Oriental Press Digital Unit – Delmon Press
• Launching of new digital center at the Bahrain Financial Harbour
• Installation of Drent Geobel Vision, the only web off-set printing press of it’s kind in the gulf.
• Consolidation and specialization at a new state of art printing complex at Hidd, Bahrain.
• Reorganization of print media through
- Commercial Printing
- Security Printing
- Digital Printing
- Book Printing
» Future Plans
• Expansion of Oriental Press printing centers in the Arabian Gulf region.